Part-Time Support Worker – Adult Support Services
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? At Community Living Walkerton and District, we are looking for an outgoing, energetic, compassionate person to join our growing organization. Becoming a part of our team not only allows your skills to thrive, but will also create a difference and inspire others within the Walkerton community.
Community Living Walkerton and District is a not-for-profit organization located within Walkerton and the surrounding area that supports people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their community. You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed support workers whose mission is to nurture inclusion and promote peoples full participation as valued and contributing citizens.
At Community Living Walkerton and District we envision a community where all people are welcomed, accepted and included.
The Support Worker provides direct care and support to adults receiving supports and services from Community Living Walkerton and District. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people.
Additional duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Work each day towards supporting people based on the mission, vision and values of Community Living Walkerton and District.
- Establishing respectful relationships with individuals recognizing their rights as citizens; promoting their dignity and well-being.
- Assist people to develop informed decision making skills and exercising of choices.
- Support each person as indicated by the person in their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed by the person supported.
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
- Provide support in a person’s home; preparing nutritional meals, administering medication, assisting with personal care and other areas needed or requested.
- Accurately complete any required documentation.
- Completion of a Developmental Services Worker Program/Social Services Worker Program/Personal Support Worker Program and/or minimum 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills.
- Team player with an ability to work independently; § Comfortable with web based technology.
- Current First Aid/CPR.
- Experience providing support to individuals with complex needs is a strong asset.
Wage Range inclusive of Wage Enhancement: $21.15 to $23.00 per hour; $18.30 per hour night rate.
Hours of Work: Part-time schedules consist of a set rotation inclusive of day, evening, overnight and/or weekend shifts. Hours may change subject to the needs of the people supported.
Please apply quoting PT Support Worker in the subject line and submit a current cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Walkerton and District is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.