Adult Complex Needs Associate
Reporting to the Residential Support Services Supervisor, the Adult Complex Needs Associate is responsible for providing 1:1 or 2:1 direct care, general support and behaviour support for people with challenging and complex support needs receiving Intensive Residential Supports from Community Living Walkerton & District and will demonstrate professionalism as the daily point of contact between the Complex Needs Team and families of people supported, support network and community partners.
This position is responsible for promoting the personal safety, security, dignity and respect to all people and provide support, assistance and advocacy based on the needs and abilities of each person, in offering opportunities to live a quality life and participate in community life as equal and valued community members.
The Adult Complex Needs Associate will support the development, implementation and evaluation of both Person Centred Personal Support Plans and Behaviour Support Plans for those people supported in the residence.
The Adult Complex Needs Associate will promote a team approach in maintaining and safeguarding the assets of the Association and the people supported.
The Adult Complex Needs Support Worker is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Community Living Walkerton and District and to create a safe and supportive environment for all people supported, staff and visitors
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Behaviour Sciences with a Graduate Diploma in Autism and Behaviour Science
- At least 2 years experience supporting people with intellectual disabilities with complex needs and dual diagnoses in a residential environment.
- Experience working in a specialized support or active treatment environment an asset.
- Knowledge of the Developmental Services Sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of Applied Behaviour Analysis and Person Centered Planning principles and processes.
- Knowledge of the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, ODSP and other legislative requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team work, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with different forms of non-verbal communication; Strong analytic and writing skills.
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with client management software (AIMS or Share Vision)
- Physically able to assist in exercise based supports in a dynamic and fast paced environment for long periods at a time.
- Able to adhere to a regimented and repeated daily schedule of activities.
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) and First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Ability to perform required physical techniques required with NVCI and First Aid/CPR.
- Valid Class G driver’s license and a willingness to drive.
Wage Range inclusive of Wage Enhancement: $23.92 to $26.10 per hour. Full time employee benefit package.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Intensive Residential Support Services, 585 9th Ave E, Hanover, Ontario
Please submit a current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Complex Needs Associate in the subject line.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Walkerton and District is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is require